Thursday, July 10, 2014

A Day for Me

I took today off. I'm experiencing a slight lethargic feeling and I'm assuming it is from the Belviq, it is noted in the possible side effects. I feel great otherwise, so why not indulge myself with a day to myself. :)

I'm getting into a routine now, 10 days into my journey, where does the time go?? My day starts with a large glass of water, followed by 1 slice of dry toasted Ezekiel bread, either plain or raisin with an over easy organic, free range egg on top. I'm on a quest to explore new breakfast ideas. My lunch always consists of leftover dinner, some protein and a veggie, dinner is always prepared with fresh local ingredients. I am loving how I am feeling since eating MUCH smaller portions. Portion control is a funny thing and so easy to miscalculate. I would have sworn that I was under my caloric limits.....now I question that. Both myself and other half agree...we both feel better. 

Brad had an unplanned extreme gastric bypass years ago due to cancer, of which he is completely freed. He has eaten extremely small portions since, but an interesting thing is happening now that I have changed our menus, he's eating much larger portions and it doesn't "bother" him! Yet another bonus!

I don't know if I've lost weight since Tuesday as I am trying to avoid the scale from taking over my life. I have decided Friday's will be weigh in day.

Today's lunch: Moroccan baked chicken, a half cup of frozen peas and a half of a fresh organic tomato drizzled with balsamic vinegar made at a local winery! 






No comments:

Post a Comment